San Francisco, CA
To start off with this place saved my dog's life when 2 other specialist hospital in san diego missed it.
1. Majority of the Er doctors I have years of experience & knowledge. They have helped me understand previous conditions that the other vet specalist hospitals never told me. There is one Er doctor that I am not found of there but the other out way him.
2. Sarit Dhupa, BVSc the surgeon is incredible knowledgeable. He is very understanding. I was impressed with him when he explained some things which made common scene.
3. Gregory Ogilvie, DVM is great. He was great as an internal med doctors. I have heard great things about him as a Oncology as well.
4. The back of the hospital (treating area) is very nice and clean. I like see clean area in hospital treating area. I have been in the back more then once.
5. They listen which helped as well.
One of my favorite is that the group of doctors work as a team. When I brought my dog back to the specialist, the whole group worked together to make a plan. Another good part is the doctors listen to me which was nice and helps diagnoses.
Again this place cost money which all specialist places do. Get your pet, pet insurance.
This place has gone way down hill. Several specialists missed diagnosed a dog. The dog got weaker and sicker. The dog was slowly dying.
After a week of going this place to see er doctors, surgeons and internal med doctors, I switched to a different specialty hospital that diagnosed the dog correctly after seeing the specialist. Actually the other specialty hospital ER had a rough diagnosis which was correct but said need a specialist. There is a probably a high percentage the dog would have died if I stayed with VSH.
I personally would not recommended this location any more as I use too. They were so good when they first open but not any more
I can't say enough good things about this place from the er vet and the specialist. This place has saved my dogs' life probably more times then I give credit for. The surgery, Sarit Dhupa, DVM, BVSc" is very knowledgeable. Gregory Ogilvie, DVM is incredible.
Jeff Pollard, DVM an emergency vet very good. Glen Grady, DVM is a very good emergency vet as well that helped me learn about my dogs past surgery issues. This helped me find the correct food for him which helped him improve.
This place caught a issue that 2 other specialist hospital missed. I believe CVS caught the issue because the department work together and communicate. The treating area is called the "fish bowel"
California Veterinary Specialist hospital can be expensive but compared to other specialist hospitals in San Diego, they are reasonable. I actually known a specality hospital that goes to CVS for MRI & CAT scans.
If I every need an emergency vet or vet specialist, I will contact CVS first. Highly recommended this location and I don't give 5 start out that often.